A Cup of Productivity | Motivation

Wednesday, February 11, 2015



theperpetuallypolished.blogspot.com
My fellow polished persons, today I am experiencing the ultimate struggle. The struggle that we all, regardless of our unparalleled breeding and cultivation as polished beings, face.

I am lacking all motivation to accomplish anything. I do not feel particularly creative nor inspired. I would never say that I'm feeling lazy... as a polished woman, that word does not have a place in my vast vocabulary (this is when we scoff, haha!).

As I lounge in my own lukewarm motivation, I see this as the perfect time to share some antidotes to this common, mid-week disturbance.
Sorted by your degree of motivation [read: lack therof].




- Make a list  - 

Break out your most beautiful pen, your planner or journal, and think, deary!
Oftentimes, I sit around relaxing because I am wholly unaware of what I need to accomplish. A glaring list of 10 or so things I intended to accomplish today certainly lights a fire under my well-dressed (or pajama clad) bottom.



- Set the mood - 

Ambiance is one of the most underrateed, yet highly important, aspects of accomplishing tasks. If the lights are too dim, cue drowsiness. If the lights are too bright, cue procrastination. If there is a rare occassion when my space is not tidy [note: all polished persons keep their spaces tidy in preparation for unexpected guests], it must be cleaned before any work gets done.

There are plenty of studies on how your environment affects your productivity.
Summary: your environment greatly impacts your productivity.

My favorite productivity-booster is Noisli.com.
It is the most wonderful improvement to my ambiance. I generally set my background noise to fireplace and leaves. Perfect combination.



- Make a cuppa -

Cuppa tea, cuppa coffee, cuppa anything that tells your brain it is time to work.
Cup of motivation!
Green tea is my choice when it comes to increasing my productivity. It's also incredibly easy for me to sleep after a night of green tea binging. Win-win.

Reasons why you might consider drinking green tea as well:
1. Reduces anxiety
2. Keeps you awake
3. Helps you concentrate
4. Aids your memory
5. Lowers your risk of disease


- Listen to/read about inspiring people - 

Perhaps you feel as though you do not even have the strength to sit at a desk.
You need a pep talk, my dear.
Bloggers/Youtubers can be fantastic influences, so long as you choose the right ones.

My favorites for when I need a kick in the pants:

Shirley's Wardrobe | Patricia Bright | Beauty Crush | Beauty Broadcast

Style inspiration, good laughs, advice, and simple entertainment.


Warning: do not seek solace via instagram.
At this point, you do not need to see the images people post of the greatest moments in their lives (that may have even happened months ago). You need some substance to pick you back up!

Get moving, darling!


Kiss, kiss.
Dionna.


Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *