Dior Rouge 999 Nail Polish Swatch

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Let's start this new chapter with a bang, shall we? Red nail polish! Not just any red nail polish, but Dior Rouge 999.


I'm a little bit incredibly obsessed with a great red nail polish.
As a nail polish enthusiast, I have a certain level of appreciation for all colors. From the classics to the most bizarre, I will absolutely give every polish a moment of consideration; but the one thing that remains constant in my choice of nail polish colors is the unparalleled feeling of sophistication that I feel while wearing it. The one color that I never tire of, the one color that never lets me down in a crisis? Red.

Is there anything more iconic than red nail polish? While the history of nail polish varies by account, shades of red have remained the uncontested classic color of choice at least since the 1940s.




Brief nail polish history because it's incredibly fascinating:
  • 3200 BC Babylonian men color their nails??
  • 3000 BC - Nail polish takes over China
  • 600 BC - Gold and silver are preferred royal colors in china
  • Eventually BC - red and black become the preferred colors in China
  • Sometime in Egypt - nude colors are for the lower classes, reddish brown is for high society
  • 1932 - Revlon is first established nail polish brand. The first color they release is a cream color. Also in the 30s, there is a lot of interest in silver, black, and even green nails apparently.
  • 1940s America - red means royalty again. Woohooo!
For a more detailed account of nail polish history, go here. For more nail polish fun facts, go here and here.



Just want to see a swatch of Dior Rouge 999 red nail polish instead of my extensive commentary on the origins of nail polish?

Here she is:


This is two coats of Dior Rouge 999 with Seche Vite as a top coat. 
I have the Dior Gel Top Coat but... I'll discuss that in another post one day.


It is really a beautiful, true red nail polish.

My review so far? A+.

I'll update you with a full review, including specs, application, and duration of this manicure throughout the week. After all, I don't care how beautiful a color is if it doesn't last Monday-Friday!

Lastly, as this blog progress, I hope to find a more inspiring setup for these pictures!

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *