Paris, Magazines, and Blogilemmas

Friday, April 17, 2015

"Cobblestones and Cafe de Flore"
The Louvre, Monsieur Eiffel, and Musee d'Orsay.
Cappuccinos, croissants, croques, and crepes.
After a lovely vacation spent in Paris, reality has returned with a vengeance.

I may make a Paris post one day, but in the mean time, you can check out my Instagram for a couple pictures from my trip: here.

It has taken me so long to feel inspired to post again [sorry!] but today I've been inspired...



I recently received one of those weekly update e-mails from a certain magazine.
It urged me to find out ways to make myself look slimmer by choosing the right clothes.
I looked down at the images that accompanied the article, searching to see whether or not it was truly worth my time. [I mean, let's face it, I already look fabulous, what more could they possibly tell me... hairflip]

The 2 examples of this "slimming" effect I notice include:

1. Olivia Palermo - she belted her outfit, which is clearly the only reason she looked slim....

2. Jessica Alba - wearing high waisted trousers to cinch in her waist and "transform" her body....

Oh please.

I clicked for more information, hoping this article would show me some women that I did not already consider to be in fabulous shape.

Taylor Swift? No.


Emma Watson? No. [But she is so working this outfit]


Amal Clooney...? Are you kidding me right now? Her legs are the size of my wrists... okay, maybe my forearms.


Maybe Kim Kardashian was the only person in the article that would use a "slimming" technique...but(t) I am not fooled.

The only tried-and-true tip I agree on is to wear a nice "floor grazing coat"

but ironically, Rihanna doesn't look any slimmer to me [just fabulous, of course]

You can browse the slideshow here.

I understand that magazines feel the need to get material out to their audiences every 4 hours these days. It's totally stressful.
I can barely write 1 blog post every week [not for a lack of trying, my lovelies!]
BUT can we please add some everyday people to the mix?
Or at least someone who's a size... 6 at the very least [and not just a 6 because of their derrière]

Articles like these are why I've had to use MYSELF as a stylish role model [kidding... I may have a post coming on who my ACTUAL style role models are... you polished people shan't be surprised by my refined choices].


No shade, just truth, darling.


In other news...
1. I'm loving the warm weather. Spring has arrived!
2. I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog from "The Perpetually Polished" - it's completely indicative of what I'm aiming for and I love it so very much, but, sadly, I feel that it's a bit too long.
3. I'm also thinking about changing the layout of my blog - I don't think it fits my style right now.
4. These next few weeks are going to be insanely busy for me - is this your busy season? Share your woes with me!
5. Happy Friday!

Until next time, darling.
Kisses.
Dionna.


Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *