Are You Packing-Smart or Over-Packing?

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter, my darlings!

I am in dire need of a vacation.
The weather has just begun to break and I am breaking out my suitcase.
Easter Weekend is a brilliant start to a regenerating vacation.

Although R&R is high on my list, that is certainly no excuse to relax my wardrobe.
So... How do I pack what I need without including, well, everything in my closet?!



Quick tip for the holiday:


1. Lay out everything you think you need. Throw everything onto your bed.

Everyone's definition of need is very different. My definition tends to be quite broad... which leads us to the next step!

2. Slowly eliminate the redundancies.

On a 4 day trip, do you really need all 3 of those white t-shirts? 4 pairs of black pants?
Um, hello, are you really going to wear the same outfit everyday? Don't tell me you need 2 back-up white t-shirts in case anything happens to the first. More classy, less clumsy!

3. Diversify or unify.

There are two types of people.
Type S: Pack all separate pieces, mix and match accordingly.
Type G: Pack one garment for each day [i.e. a dress or jumper/playsuit for each vacation day.]

For short trips, I'm definitely Type G. 3 days? 3 dresses. Light luggage. Good to go.
For longer trips... the separates struggle.


How do you pack? Do you have a strategy? Let me know if you have any helpful tips I haven't thought of!

P.S.
I'll be listening to this song on repeat throughout my travels.
It's so catchy, I can't stand it!
[Justin Timberlake - Tunnel Vision]

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.



Until next time.
Kisses.
Dionna

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *